2/6/11

Vendor Profile: Becky of the sweetie pie press

i love you

Yes, I did an interview with myself.

Who are you...you, as a person?
Becky Johnson

What is your business called?
the sweetie pie press

What does this business specialize in?
The sweetie pie press makes 1" buttons, artist button sets, crochet warm things, accessible installation kits, paper goods and other ephemera.

Where are you located (home, studio, store front)?
Everything I make comes out of my warm Parkdale apartment wherein I listen to podcasts and act like a hermit.

Do you have any new products/inventions/designs/projects up for grabs at the Love & Rummage Trunk Show?
Yup! Just in time for this show, I have a new botanically-themed button set by Milwaukee artist, Matt "Matty 8080" Cipov, a new floral button set by Alec Thibodeau and some laser cut plywood and masonite postal measuring boards.

florals

botanicals (3)b

What is one thing from your trunk that would make a great Valentine?
I will have lots of rummage this time around including a bunch of vintage suitcases. Clearly, I have a fondness for them. If it came with a trip (even to the lake for a winter picnic) I'd be down with that.

What would be your ideal Valentine to receive?
Mint cocoa in bed.

How do you feel about February in Toronto - drab or dazzling?
Softly dazzling.

Do you believe in true love?
I believe in BIG LOVE.

mini postal boards (3)b

City of Craft & the workroom present
The Love & Rummage Trunk Show 3
Sunday February 6, 2011
Noon-5pm
the workroom
1340 Queen Street West
Admission: FREE

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this interview! Sweetie Pie Press makes some great products - I especially love those bookmarks in the last photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm behind on my blog reading. I was at the Love and Rummage sale.... but I totally missed those postal measuring thingies. Where can I get one now???

    ReplyDelete