2/28/12

Craft Toronto: A History of Hunger by Tara Bursey.

A History of Hunger

I have to admit that it has been far too long since I took a wander through the Craft Toronto pool on Flickr. The array of new work is astounding. Pre-emptively planning for the thaw, City of Craft staffer, Tara Bursey, seems to be hatching her own brood of food-based histories. Enigmatically, these delicate "books" have little writing with which to explain themselves. I am sure this is a situation that will rectify itself soon enough - Tara is one of the sharpest critical craft writers going (says me). For the best mastery of foodcraft I have ever witnessed, I also recommend a stroll through her portfolio site.

The Craft Toronto photo pool is a rolling stream of craft projects being made in the city (and thereabouts). It is an initiative hosted by City of Craft and reflects more makers than any of our real-world events ever could. What's more? You can join!

No comments:

Post a Comment